Thursday, July 3, 2008

A little description -Ranchi

Don' really know what makes me feel like writing this out, but yes, I got to write once i have decided. I used to live in this place called Ranchi. Yes the same place in Jharkhand, India. Lived there for about three years about years ago. Not that I liked the place when we got transferred there from a city like Kolkata. At the first sight, any kid would feel disgusted to know that there weren't any amusement parks or proper burger shops, cafe, toy shops or even multiplexes. There was just one cinema hall, Sujata. It was known as the best. But that too was disgusting. People could enter the hall with tickets for any section of the place. What i mean is, people who bought tickets for the balcony, would reach the rear stall, and vice versa. There was just one food joint we knew about, Vrindawan. But, it was lovely. I never had Dhoklas as tasty as i had them there. They were specially made of rice flour and semolina. One more culinary delight i have to remember Ranchi for is, Litti. Oh how I loved them. Mom never let me have the ones with ghee. I was too fat. But i always fancied having them. And may be once i even did. I remember the hot crispy and tasty Samosas i had in my dad's office. There was this one sweet shop i ever liked, though it was widely famous in the entire city...Rasikhlal. I lived in Lotus apartments there. The only hotel out there, which people could count upon for celebrity stays was Hotel Yuvraj Palace. There was GL Church Complex. There was Firayala Chauk. And whenever we needed some stationery, there was Upper Bazar. I remember when we bought those huge Cut and Paste books for our projects..blue and pink in color.. remember a hell lot of things. Going for dinner, will write the rest of the things in the next post.

No comments: