Thursday, July 3, 2008

A little description -Ranchi contd.

Upper Bazar also had been a place for Dal Pakori. Tiny Pakoris, many in number, packed in a paper bag, and a little bit of Dhaniya Chutney given with it. Yummy. Those small "thelas" which sold them, always played old songs by Kishore Kumar or Lata Mangeshkar. Our Gypsy would be parked just beside any small shop, and dad would get down to buy some of those tasty tid bits for us. The place used to be so crowded that once you are in, it would take you at least 15 minutes to get out. Then there was this shop called the Churuwala's . Orange mithai... was a favorite from that shop. It was nothing but normal Rasgulla immersed in orange concentrate . But it tasted yummy. To buy our school books w e had to go to Namkom. A lot far away from our house. But it had some fun element. I remember being a favorite for my acting and oratorical skills . I went to so many places. Loyala Ground, Loreto school, and where not. Oh, i also went for some fancy dress competition organized by BIT Mesra. And, we were invited to Hotel Chinar for a brunch with executive from various places. I felt so special. I remember having met a fellow participant named, Abhishekh there. Why I remember him distinctly is because he had told me that when I would be in class 12 i would know what real life is all about. I was in 7 then. And trust me, I still don't understand, what is meant by "real" life.. I had been the Vice President Of the Interact Club in my school. I was so happy about it. That was one of the most special things that happened to me. The investiture ceremony, and everything else about it,w as so great. I still have that badge. I can never loose it. I remember Christopher Sir a lot. He had been my God Father. He meant everything to me. My father at school, my teacher, my vice principal...and my friend. On my birthday he did something for me which he had never done for anybody else before. He gave me a book , "Ignited Minds",by Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam. The very next year, on my birthday, I got a book titled "Anne to Akin" as a gift from our principal, Mr.J.V Francis. I treasure the two books as if they were pieces of diamonds. And in fact, to me, they mean a lot more. I remember playing in my building complex for hours together. Summer vacations used to such fun. Life was different, and life is different. But there are no regrets. All is good. But I miss my dream place. But I don't really want to go back. Because, the place is no longer as it used to be. It has changed, and so have I. There is a lot more I could write about. But i Won't .I can not.

1 comment:

X said...

new blogger haan!
welcome!