Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Dumb , Dumber ,Dumbest

It is so obvious that I am speaking about various facets of my own self..I have been so incredibly dumb. I learn music, and now I am in the fourth year of it. But in these four years, not a single day have I taken, practicing the stereotypes seriously. I always thought that it was enough if I sang the music I liked, and particularly would be more happy singing.I love studying, people. Yes, and not books. And again I was dumb enough to make it clear to all my tutors that I barely cared about how much hard work they were putting into teaching me a lesson that they in turn were again taught by somebody who had no love for the subject, but did it just because he had to earn something out of it. I was just a little mesmerized by the way a pregnant woman was carrying a heavy water bucket with her and since I was so jealous of her expertise, I snatched away that bucket and took it all the way to her place, even when I was dressed for the pub. So very dumb of me.
That was just dumb. And now let me share how did i manage to get dumber.
There was this guy, who thought I was going around with him, although I was not. And he all of a sudden snapped all contact and I found him proposing to another girl. And he didn't really know that I know of it. But the moment he came to know of it, he had all letters filled with apologies. I got dumber just here. I made it clear to him that it made no difference to me , because he was never more than just a friend. How wonderful of me? In fact, I even had the "dumber" idea to make him realize that friendship was the best thing that could happen to two people. *sigh* how dumber could I get?
Another dumber act. There was this shopkeeper, in my market place, who was trying to charge a thousand rupees from a foreigner , for a dress we could get for a hundred and fifty. I got dumber again. I told the lady that she was being cheated, and that she shouldn't buy that thing for a penny more than two hundred. *Dumber*.. I was sooooooooooooo dumb. Didn't even realize that the "poor" shopkeeper, who wore a modest safari suit in the finest linen, needed some "foreign investment" into his business.

Now, the dumbest part of it.

This also made me know for sure that I ain't as fashion conscious as the peers around me. Come on, spitting on the walls, and make them red and colorful. Making them look as if there is so much of freshness around. So much of redness around. I , the dumbest possible creature protested. And of course, all i deserved was a good repulsion.
That is nothing.
One of my friends , was in a dilemma. She didn't know whether she should marry her childhood sweetheart, even when his family asked for a small dowry of about a lakh or two. Even when, she came from a rich school teacher's family. I was dumb enough to try to solve her problem, and tell her to opt out of this life time contract which would ask for deposits every now and then.
I am so dumb. Ain't I ?

7 comments:

Sandeep Balan said...

he he...i liked the dumb n the dumber portions...thats life dear...cheers!

*Mandy* said...

hahahaha
cool post!
i wudnt saw ur dumb for the last one though...
dowry is idiotic

Prabhu Dutta Das said...

PPL get dumber... :)

kyamaloom said...

:P

Alisha said...

lolz... wished to let ppl see tht.. evn dumb people can be sarcastic.. :D

Matangi Mawley said...

:D :D tht was really cool! both the dumb n dumber part were gr8! :)

X said...

dumb,dumber,dumbest?
:)

blogrolled you!