Friday, July 18, 2008

From time to other times..

Nothing is static. Nothing stays forever. Nothing lasts forever. Yea awrite, that bit was an inspiration from Sidney Sheldon. Look I am honest to admit it. But then coming back to why was I saying it at all. There have been things which can keep a mind rattled for hours, sometimes weeks together. There are again a separate set of stuff which keep you engrossed for months or may be years together. Now, these things are generally thought to be as, depressing and blue thoughts. But no. There can be a difference. And a big one at that.Can be a strange difference. No.?
Like I will give you an example.

I bet you would remember , that one hot "paratha" your mom made for you, and served it to you, with some tasty "aam ka achar". Or you would forever remember what your first boy friend or girl friend did for you to make your birthday special. Or you would surely, remember all taht makes you feel even a little happy. And at times, some of these instances, keep you engrossed for a lifetime.

Like, this one incident. I had begun loosing it all at some point of life. There was this guy in my class. And I am not the kind of girl who calls her "classmates", "friends". But somehow, he became a great friend. A very good one. And we ate tiffin together. We played all silly pranks on each other. We did all nuisance. We were just awesome together. In a class play we even played husband and wife, who would always fight. And truly enough we always fought. We always said irritating things about each other, but nevertheless we would not leave each other alone for even a fraction of a second at school. All our friends thought we were in love. But the fact is, we were not. And trust me, come over all movie fancies, there can be such great intimate friendship. He was one such. One day he told me that someday he would go away from the country, and that I would have no such great a best friend ever. I laughed it out. And truly he went away. He went away from the country , he went away from the school, he went away from me. And before going, he told me that he loved me. I was stunned. I could expect it from anybody but not him. But the truth is that, i wasn't in love with him. And i felt bad for him. And I felt bad that i felt "bad" for him. I always thought we were meant to make fun of each other. It took him some good time and some terrible fights, to make him understand that I wasn't the girl for him. And he understood. He has had about 25girl friends since then. And not it has been about two years.

But see, We are friends again. Though net friends now. But still, the friendship has carried on, on a good note. Look how things captivate your life? The very fact that I said all this out, proves it.

And again, I was reading a certain book. It took such a toll over my thoughts, that I could not continue reading it. I just could not. It took me to some other world, from where I could not return. I struggled to avoid all such thoughts which killed me and my inner self.But I wasn't. SO I stopped reading it exactly at the point of time when I thought that I would die if I did not drown into its dark ecstasy. I won over it. I won over my fear of loosing myself. I emerged as myself yet again. I have the memories of smiling to myself, when I realised that I had done it.That now, no thing could bind my senses. It was just me and me. It still is.

Look how captivating some things are? Such things are going to let me feel good about myself forever.

Life, is fascinating. It moves from time to other times...

12 comments:

Tarun said...

nice blog gud wrk ..!

peter said...

hey !!

i am touched by ur blog ..i could feel it, i cud relate to it ..i have had tht kinda relation too but smthng which hapnd wid u i think shudn't happen wid me ..liked ur post very much !!

if u want u can read mine too

www.peter-blogvibes.blogspot.com/

Abhinav Viswambharan said...

cute little post...life indeed is a journey full of twist and turns...with new experiences and realizations at each step... :)

peter said...

i think tht's becoz we belong to the same place and hear the same radio jockey [:D] !!

Comfortably Numb said...

People say life is short...But then is there anything longer that your life...that is in your context. Nothing!

Life is big!

Cheers!

peter said...

arey praveen yaar !
i saw ur orkut profile and it showed him as our mutual frnd !

Arun said...

thats a really heart warming post.. i can actually relate to most of it :) only my friend n I ended up falling in love.. Blogrollin ya! Do visit mine sometime :)

peter said...

ohh really ??
sahi hai yaar !!
main toh radio pe sunta hun ...lucky u...!!
IS he also a blogger ?

peter said...

yeah i understnd !
it's gud tht u can hear him at home too ...we only hear him on U-turn..!!
I like this job of RADIO jockey ...i wish i was one !

peter said...

ohh tht way kool !
i thought he is ur own bro ...!!

iYoda said...

"Life, is fascinating. It moves from time to other times..."
So true!!
Nice work gal!!

Nazgi said...

i think i've started to bcome ur fan!!!